Sunday, September 13, 2009

Not busy enough

!







Evidently God knew we could fit a few more things on our plate.....so at 2 in the morning last night I literally watched this happen....after I heard (attempted to wake Mike up) 3 super loud snapping sounds several minutes a part. I truly thought it was something electrical in the vacant house next door. Nope. By the time I reached to shut the blinds after my investigation I saw this 45 foot live oak slowly start to fall! Mike woke to my SCREAMING TERROR. I just knew it would come ALL the way through and land on Cole in the top bunk. I still tear up thinking about it. By the way, Dad or Larry, just how long will the frame of this house hold up a tree weighing a TON? Guess this is what we'll be doing over the next few days....months....

7 comments:

Kar said...

OMG, OMG, OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

i'm calling my dad right now

Caryn said...

Help is on its way...it is fishing right now! cj

Wendy Riley said...

your anniversary blog said you wanted to recreate the sound of the waterfall in your own home... I don't think this is what you meant... be careful what you wish for in the future!!

Misty said...

oh kim....when you texted me yesterday morning my heart about fell out of my chest. OK GOD...how about the rain STOP, like NOW????? you sounded more up beat on your voicemail in the afternoon...i'm just hoping somehow the ceiling stopped leaking - seriously, the CALM AFTER THE STORM needs to hurry itself up...praying for you and your sanity sweetie!

Ashley said...

kim! oh my gosh! what can we do to help?!?!? i'm just getting caught up on the blogs! what the heck?!?! i'll call ya this afternoon. i can't believe it! hope everything is ok!

kitchu said...

holy cow. so there's that damn tree and the tiny bit of damage it caused.