Friday, July 11, 2008

Alone


They're coming home tomorrow!! I returned from our Disney trip on Monday but the rest of the family stayed in Florida to visit with Kim's family for a few more days. Being alone is pretty cool. For about a day. That's enough time to watch whatever I want on TV, leave dirty clothes on the floor without hearing about it, eat an entire i Fratelli pizza by myself and read in total quiet any time I want. I have completed all that and cannot wait to have them home. A little alone time is necessary, too much is just lonely. Now don't get me wrong, I played golf, went to the lake, sat in a hot tub, basically did lots of cool "alone" things while they were gone, and they were all great. Once. I can't imagine my life without the noise and movement that is my family. I think having spent an amazing 4 days in Florida before having to leave makes it worse, I wanted it to continue. Oh well, such is life. Hopefully this gave Tod a great memory of his last vacation before going off the school, and Craig the memory of riding the scary rides, and Cole the memory of a night at the Magic Kingdom, just he and dad, and Reed, the memory of the "first time" at Disney. I know it gave Kim and me memories for a life time. A lifetime that will all too soon be quiet enough to read a book any time I want...

1 comment:

katy said...

I've told you before that I have never spent a night alone in my home. I went from living with Mom and Dad to being married. If Jack was ever out of town, I always had my kids with me. My 1st ever alone night was supposed to happen 3 months aog and how I was looking forward to it. I had PLANS!! But,alas, as most plans do, it fell through. I never had my night alone. And I thank God for it.

Katy