Monday, July 21, 2008

Water

Photo by: krjackson
There is not a more peaceful place on earth than the Ocean. Just being there brings me closer to God. It reminds me of Him. It is so powerful and enormous, yet so nurturing and tender. It cleanses, and the repetition of the waves crashing the shore “sands” our rough spots. It is so FULL of life and yet life giving. There is no better sound than the waves hitting the shore. I love to just sit in a beach lawn chair .….and feel the warm sand at my feet while sitting there eyes closed listening to the waves. God comes to us like waves too, you know? He is repetitious in offering Himself to us despite our stupid mistakes and shortcomings. He welcomes us every time we come to Him. And, He feels so good…just like the ocean! I feel so close to Him there. I LOVE the beach. It is no wonder that my mom wanted to be finally rested there. I am so thankful to God and my brother, Brad, and his family for taking my boys and I to the beach this summer. It was an amazing time and it touched me in ways that words could never effectively describe. I wish Mike had had vacation time to join us for this part of the trip. Thankfully God brought me a man who loves the water as much as or maybe even more than me. I learned that it had been way too long since I had been there, and that it won’t be long before I come back.

2 comments:

Kar said...

Pretty sure there's room for you here in Florida....you and your men and Yady-girl. Come on down....we'll go to the beach ANYDAY!!! Love you Kim Ann.

kitchu said...

I did mention to Mike that he should consider RELOCATING... :) That'd make for a nice 20 year anniversary gift..

love you.