Sunday, April 5, 2009

Death

I have not posted in a while....my brain and heart are filled with so much that I feel like my "cup runneth over." God is still stirring in me to put some of these thoughts down...some of the words are just not here yet....

We have learned this past week of several special people who have left this world...having lost a loved one I know just exactly what it feels like to long for, and want to "hold, talk, laugh, and feel" just one more time....if you are a praying person....

...please pray for my nephew, Eric, who lost a close friend at school (only child... Erik) to suicide. He was 15. Please include his single mom in your prayers, too.
...a blogger friend of first, my little sisters, and now a blog I read daily, Tominvegas , just lost his grandmother
...a friend of mine, Misty, will soon get married... :) .. with her grandmother watching from Heaven...

Seems appropriate on this Palm Sunday, that we will attend a live version of the Stations of the Cross. He suffered, died, and was buried so we could live eternally with Him. I know He knows our pain, and He knows just what we need to heal.

For all these things, and the many things that are not written here, Lord, but perhaps are on our hearts and minds....I lift them all up to the you, Oh Lord...

3 comments:

Caryn said...

Thank you for reminding me that I am not the only one hurting right now. I am just feeling sooo sentimental. HE LIVES! and so shall we. cj

Tom in Vegas said...

What you wrote, “to hold, talk, laugh, and feel just one more time” is what we all long for who
have lost someone we care for.

What a terrible shame over the loss of Eric’s friend, especially under those set of circumstances. His mother must be devastated over this loss. At least I can say that my grandmother lived a long, happy life. Many who are considered to have a lived a long life don’t necessarily live as long as she did (she was just 20 days shy of her ninetieth birthday).

My heart goes out to Misty. I know all too well she’s going through right now.

I think your mom, my grandmother, and Misty’s grandmother might now have become friends, and patiently await our reunion with them.

Misty said...

thanks so much for your honest post, and for including my precious Grandmother in it. for some reason, this season is very different than any other year. i too, feel introspective, wanting to hear from God and know what He wants from me, for me. yet i feel like the noises surrounding me are clouding His voice. will pray for you as you pray for me...and know that my God loving, God fearing, faithful servant of His, Grandmother is watching over all of us.