Saturday, April 25, 2009

Tri-State



I went out to Arlington and played in a softball tournament this weekend. It is a fraternity deal. I am a Sig Ep (Sigma Phi Epsilon) and we have been hosting this tournament for about 30 years. So, I now play with the guys I went to school with. It is a blast. Most of us only see each other once a year, at this event. We only had 9 guys (slow pitch softball plays with 10), so we played short an outfielder and took an out every time the 10th batter should have been up. Despite this, we won the game! Our team came out of the dugout and decided that we would give the victory to the other team because one of our guys got hurt, so we only had 8. We went over to play in the losers bracket and had another brother show up, so we played. What do you know, we won that game too. I hit an inside the park home run! (toot toot). Well, we were all ready to be done, so we allowed the other team to continue to play. We adjourned to the parking lot, fired up the grill and poured the drinks... at 11:30AM. Best Tri-State ever. 2 wins, no loses, plus off the fields and hanging out before noon. Kim brought the boys out too, so it was a good day! (I think this is the first time in about 10 years that she has come to the tourney). I love my brothers.

2 comments:

kitchu said...

baseball, beer, brothers, winning,and your family.

all good things. all good things.

Anonymous said...

I can just hear John in that picture--" OOOH, something shiny!!"