Monday, July 13, 2009

Thoughts While Driving

I saw a bumper sticker the other day that said, “Another soulless atheist looking for harmony and world peace”. It got me thinking. Now, just because the guy thinks he’s soulless doesn’t mean he is. He has a soul just like everyone else in the world, he is just too egotistical or blind or whatever to know it. Just because he doesn’t acknowledge the truth doesn’t make it any less true.

Then I thought, Jesus died for all humanity whether “all humanity” believes it or not. He died for me, for Hitler, for Mother Teresa, for Attila the Hun, for Pope Benedict and for Saddam Hussein. The issue is not whether He did it, but whether or not you choose to acknowledge and accept it. Some in the list above did not accept it, but it is no less true because of that.

Then I thought about the Right to Life debate. I am pro-life. That means I believe in the sanctity of all human life. As such, I am anti-capital punishment. The way I see it, just because some murderer does not believe that life is God-given and sacred does not mean this it isn’t. You know? If I truly believe that life is sacred, I need to believe ALL human life in sacred, even if others don’t.

Then I thought about family. Cole talks a mile a minute… every minute. Now, you wouldn’t know it to see me now, but I was almost held back in first grade. My grades were fine, but the teacher had to put my desk right next to hers because I was talking to everyone all the time. I had forgotten about that until I started thinking about Cole.

Then I thought, I wish these idiots would speed up, we're on the freeway!

4 comments:

Misty said...

love it...and it got me thinking about the capital punishment deal...thanks...and believe me, i wish they'd speed up too.

Kar said...

I just love YOU!! I've truly missed your posts, my man. You just absolutely have this way. I am so lucky to call you brother and so blessed to call your family part of mine. It really feels you and all of them have ALWAYS been there. Now I'm going to read it again and imagine what you would have been chatting about....miss you a whole bunch.

kitchu said...

you had to stop there??? keep going keep going keep going... oh wait. you were stuck on the highway, weren't you? :O)

Anonymous said...

You got me thinking too much....now I have to go think! Thanks a lot....It's summer! Thinking is the last think I want to do.