Monday, January 17, 2011

Gail

...she knew me better than i knew myself...she softened my heart...wiped my tears...listened to every detail i was willing to share...accepted me always where i was...was my number one fan at all sporting events...made me laugh harder than anyone...was one of the silliest people i knew...she instilled confidence...taught me to love ALL no matter the baggage...read every single novel aloud to me in high school...played endlessly with all of us...typed every paper i was ever assigned...was the softest place to land...forgave every wrong i ever did or said...rubbed my forehead as i went to sleep...held my hand when i needed it the most...celebrated all holidays to the fullest...her tolerance goes unmatched...she loved my mike like me...she sang...she danced...she prayed...her unconditional love for my father still occupies #1 on my most admirable list...she taught me to forgive and worry...cleaned every dirty anything the best...laughed so hard she wet her pants...she had at least 100 phrases that are still being used and credited as "Mom's" today...she was so proud of her children...absolutely loved being a grandmother...and my list goes on. most of all though, there was not a single moment of my life that i did not know of her love for me.
"So faith, hope, love abide, these three:
but the greatest of these is love."
~Corinthians 13:13
i miss you, mom.
january 17, 2006

3 comments:

Misty said...

kim....you write so beautifully about your mother. tears to my eyes. love you dear friend!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Misty...you just have such a gift with words. Wish I could have known your Mom. cj

kitchu said...

this day is so strange for me now. so many mixed emotions, and since it is a day of celebration (E's birthday), there is no place for me to embrace the loss on the 17th. hard to explain, really.

i didn't even take a minute to really think of it. i couldn't.

thanks for typing this for us. because this is what we all had in her.