Saturday, November 22, 2008

My Shining Star



I was scrolling through some pictures this morning and happened upon these two which struck a wave of emotion for me. These pictures are a year or so old and were taken at Cedar Creek Lake where we have spent many of days hanging out with our great friends the McCarvers. We haven't been down there since, and truly miss going...life just gets so busy and our weekends are filled with so many games, practices, etc. We hope and pray everyday that the lakehouse does not sell so we can make it down to hang out time and time again this coming spring and summer!

But the real reason for the emotion was the grip that Reed has on Mike, and the gentle hand that Mike has on Reed. Just the picture of his hand (which, I must admit, I AM a "hand" girl) is such a reflection of who he is. He is the most gentle man I know. I love the father he is to the boys and I know there is no better. Having his hand, or hold, is such a safe place to be. He is patient, eager to listen, so incredibly quick witted, and has such a soft way of responding to stress or storms that should fall into his path along the way. He has such a tender way of sanding out the rough spots. His work ethic at work goes unmatched, as does his loyalty. I love the peace that he is.

And then, there is the second picture. A completely different wave of emotion! He still has that look that I fell in love with so many years ago. I could list and list the my favorite "looks!" Ball cap on backwards, the baby blue I-Teens sleeveless shirt, Sig-Ep flag football jersey days...etc!!

The difference now....twenty one years later....a few pounds, a few boys, maybe a few gray hairs, but mostly, a million more reasons to love you even more.

Ily

4 comments:

Kar said...

Oh, that's right....IT'S SATURDAY...silly me....dazed and confused still thinking it was FRIDAY. Beautiful post Sybil!!! XOXO

Mike and Kim said...

I have never laughed so hard... at your comment, Karen! Hilarous! Of course Karen gets the PRIVLEGE of hearing the good and so often the yucky...Friday was a yucky day!! And Mike's comment to both was:

Welcome to MY world!!!

I know I'm high high high maintenance!

KimmyAnn

Kerri said...

OK....so am I to understand that you would NOT have written these words on Friday??? You crack me up, Mrs. Pfaff.

Misty said...

love the transparency and that you are REAL...some days are good, some days are great, some days..not so much! :)