Sunday, November 30, 2008

Sisters, sorority sisters, that's made Delta Zeta made us!

Today, sixteen years later....thanks to Facebook....Laurie, Wendy, and I met for lunch ! What a blast! It was so good to visit and try to "catch up!" Wendy was my very closest friend from 9th grade on....and I met Laurie when all three of us pledged Delta Zeta back in the fall of 1984 at UTA! Wendy and Laurie were "Little Sisters" to Sigma Phi Epsilon and Wendy's big brother (who I constantly told her...you need to introduce me to him...) was MIKE! Needless to say, she finally did introduce me to him and well, the rest is 20+ years in marriage history! Laurie was once married to a Sig Ep, too, and we often got together...way back then! Mike will never forget being down in Houston visiting Mike, Laurie, and Kelsey, (Bryce wasn't even born yet)...we went out to Papasitos for dinner...Mike goes to the bar (um...you're surprised right???) and witnesses one of the greatest moments in World Series History....Kirk Gibson's homerun against the A's!

Wendy and Laurie...thanks for being persistent! I had such a great time catching up today! You both look amazing....and are as fun to be around as you were then! God has blessed me abundantly with great friends! I look forward to doing again soon!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun! See you at the bar after work tomorrow, Mike!

John said...

That's a great picture. College was kind of a blur for me. Did we know each other?