Saturday, May 23, 2009

From the bathtub...to the stage...and now to college...








Sisters, sorority sisters, that's what Delta Zeta made us!! Jamie was an active when I became a pledge...she was just about to graduate from UTA when I joined Delta Zeta. Never would I have ever dreamed that we would become such great friends...you see, in Delta Zeta, Jamie was IT. Almost an untouchable. The most put together...always perfectly dressed, manicured....drove her little white 350 convertible Mercedes...etc. We (the pledges) looked up to her in awe. Jamie graduated and I would see her every once in a while at alumni/collegiate functions. Jamie and Richard's wedding was the FIRST wedding I attended in my life...glad I don't have the sorority picture of the Delta Zetas at that reception...I had the small little sausage roll curled under bangs and looked 2....anyway...it was a fairy tale. I remember their first dance like it was yesterday...and when it ended Richard picked her up and twirled her around, train flying out behind her...I was in the la-la land of envy!! Years after I remember crying with other DZ's after learning that God had taken their first child, a daughter, to Heaven with Him at 31 weeks of gestation. All good comes from God...and our friendship and our son's friendship would NOT be what it is today had those things not happened. You see, Jamie got pregnant for the second time as I was finding out I was pregnant with Tod. In fact, Tod and Miles are FOUR days apart!! They have been the best of friends for nineteen years!! We have shared so many happy family times together...from vacationing at Disney (they indulged for me...we almost lost Richard...and I'm sorry Marcie that you have never been) together, celebrating holidays/birthdays together, many many nights at the lake...parties...the list goes on!!!

How blessed we are! Not only to have such great friends ourselves, but to have witnessed this steadfast friendship bewteen our two boys!! A gift from God that I am expotentially thankful for.

Congratulations Miles on your graduation! We couldn't be prouder of the man you are, and we look so forward to many more shared family times!! OU look out!!

2 comments:

kitchu said...

congrats to miles!!... can't believe that first photo... a mirror back in time, blink, the next thing you know 2 little boys are chasing their biggest dreams.

blessings to miles as he embarks on this next chapter of his life!

Kar said...

Pooh and Tigger....still hanging out. The combination is perfect and they are so fun to be around!! Love those boys!