Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mom

Mom's parting words in a letter she left for Karen, Kris, Brad and me...
"Quite simply, I would like each of you to know that it has meant the world to me to be your Mom- I was richly blessed with the birth of four beautiful children. I can not imagine what my world would have been like without you...
...I love each of you so very much. DO NOT be sad that I have gone-be happy that we had the time together that we did. Happy memories heal the heart and soul. Thank you, each one, for your love and your care. You have always made me feel very special."
Mom
I physically ache for you, Mom, and long to have just one more hug or hand hold. I am so thankful for our walk (and your ride) around the hospital. We took you to the sunlight then, but I know the angels took you straight to the Light 3 years ago.
Happy Mother's Day....Kimmy style....a little late.

6 comments:

Kar said...

The picture is DIVINE. She is looking at you just the way she looked at us each and every time....she was a beautifully imperfect Mom to each of us and we are who we are because of her!!! I love her joy in this picture. My throat is physically aching at this moment as I choke back.....thanks for sharing EXACTLY who she is to us. We are so very lucky.

kitchu said...

fresh tears... kar said it. nothing i can add. i'm aching looking at this too and reading her words and yours.

i might have to heist this one for my blog...

too beautiful

i still have that whole letter and never thought to post it.

this picture? my god ... beautiful. like kar said, it's how she looked at all of us, and each of her grandchildren too. how much i wish she could have held ethan and my daughter to be before she left this earth like that, you know?

Anonymous said...

I love your family, Kim. Your mom lives on in each of your lives. I never met her, but I know she was an amazing person....because you are. You're in our prayers at this time.

Misty said...

Oh Kim...you teach me to cherish my time with my mother. Thank you for remembering my mom this Mother's Day and remembering it was her first without my Grandma. You blessed her! AND, YOU are a blessing to me. I love the way you talk about your precious Mom...she must have been an angel.

Caryn said...

Ok...just as I thought I was getting a little better and you have to post this precious blog! Maybe our Moms have met up by now and they are discussing all of us...sweet thought. cj

Cathy Sparkman said...

Awe, Kim your Mom is so proud of you! I know you can't wait until the day you see her again... thank you for reminding me to cherish the times we have here and now. they don't last forever - we forget all too often. thanks again. love you!!