Friday, August 21, 2009

First Day of School

You know it's been a rough first week of school when it takes us until Friday to post the pictures! As frantic/hectic/spastic as it's been, I still feel a sense of peace about where my family is. And I love it...






Reed is at a new school. He was a little nervous the first day, but seems to fit right in.





Cole got the teacher he wanted, Miss Griffin, "the cute one".




Kim is teaching 5th grade this year. A little change from the 3rd grade she has had for the last couple years. She has taught 6th-8th, 3rd and 4th, so 5th should be a breeze. It'll take some time to get ahead on lesson plans and to learn the bell schedule, but there is NO DOUBT she will succeed and be a blessing to her students and her new school. Thanks to all our friends who have made this transition easier and who have given their unwavering support to my lovely bride. She is not a big fan of change, but sometimes...it's time.

5 comments:

Caryn said...

Can't wait to hear all of the details. I just know it is going to be a great year for you but will miss seeing you so often. Cole and Reed look like they are really excited! How lucky are their teachers!

Kar said...

Cole told me about his teacher and described her perfectly. Too cute....both of them and literally. I have confidence in Reed to make his new school his "own." And Kim....no worries. I'll remain patient and quiet for a bit before I'll share "told ya Mister." Great pictures. And I love having a glimpse of their new surroundings so when I'm talking, I can picture!!

Anonymous said...

Monday is our first day, and I'm already tearing up about it. I'll look for you every time my door swings open. Miss you!

kitchu said...

Love that grin on Reed's face... in no time he'll be wishing the weekends away so he can get back to school :)

Cole. Such a ham- happy he got his "dream" teacher!

Kim- I pass my status on to you. Repeat the mantra. You're a star. And you are gonna shine baby :)

Misty said...

Well, don't you look like a little hottie on the first day? Very cute dress Kim!

Love Reed's smile, melts my heart.

Cole is right, she is a "cute one".

We sure did miss you this morning - won't be the same without our morning chats. I hope the rest of your week went well - did you take any pics at the Gaylord???