Friday, August 14, 2009

Happy Birthday, Mom

Mom
August 15, 1936
4:23pm
Summit, New Jersey
7lbs. 21in.


Mom's birthday is such a happy day for me! I am so thankful for the blessing of her life, and even more thankful that God chose her to be my mom. She gave my father, Karen, Kris, Brad, and I all that she was. The amount of joy that she brought to us then, and continues to even today brings a Grinch-sized smile to my face and happy "tears" flowing from my eyes.
She loved with her whole heart and self. She knew no stranger and her love had no limits.

I still hunger and thirst for her touch, her smell, and her voice.
I still ache from missing her.


Happy 73rd Birthday, Mom.
I know it will be Heavenly.

5 comments:

Kar said...

Even more heavenly because she's there.....

Caryn said...

I guess we will never stop missing them...and that is the way it should be. Happy Birthday sweet Mother of Kim...you did a great job raising your children. cj

Misty said...

Tears...such a great, transparent post Kim. Your mom would be so proud of you.

kitchu said...

tears streaming down my face... a perfect tribute to the best mom ever on her birthday- now one of our angels...

love you sister

Unknown said...

Loved this tribute. My mom was born in 1936 too.