Sunday, May 25, 2008

Graduation

Well, son #1 graduated from Jesuit College Prep on Saturday. It was a great ceremony, about 240 kids, lasted about 2 hours. Kim, her dad, my parents, Aunt Karen (Kim's sister), Uncle Steve (my brother), Craig and I attended. Not nearly as emotional as I thought it would be. I think he is ready. I get butterflies thinking about the new adventure in his life and pray that he will share it with us as often and openly as possible. Had a great party afterwards, friends, family, food and drink. A great way to honor his achievement. There were about 20 high school age kids and then another 23 under the age of 13. Plus all the adults. Quite a houseful. I think the best compliment of the night came from Mr. Hough, a teacher/friend/mentor of Tod's who is studying to be a Jesuit priest. He told Kim, "I love your home. It is filled with children and that gives me so much hope." That's it. Hope. For Tod's future. For Craig, Cole and Reed. For relationships. For friends. For growth.

I hope this finds you well. I hope you enjoy reading it. I hope your life is full of family, friends and faith.

4 comments:

kitchu said...

I'm working on my own little family :) But I'm pretty dang lucky having all you guys. SO bummed I've missed such a great week.

Love you.
krick

Anonymous said...

It was a great party! Congratulations Tod!!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for allowing us to be a part of your fun celebration!! It was a great night! We feel very fortunate to call all of you "family". Congrats, Tod -- you deserve all the best!

Kar said...

Your home is the BEST!!!! What a fabulous 5 days. So very proud of Tod; and Cole's grad, for me,a tearful event ...just watching his brother's look on as he read so beautifully....such a handsome, CONNECTED lineage unfolding. Told somebody today....it is just so good to be so packed-ful of family...it is sustaining. Now another "jolt" with Britt on Tuesday. Thanks guys for always sharing your home so generously...we love you!!