Thursday, May 29, 2008

Rambling

Looks like Tod will be attending Louisiana Tech. After a year of starts and stops, hemming and hawing, ups and downs... This process: Get accepted, put down dorm deposit, register for freshman orientation... took about 3 hours. Now, 6 months ago the odds would have been 1000 to 1 that Tod would be at La Tech, but here he goes. Strange what God has planned...

Cole got the game ball at our T-ball game tonight (no, not because I'm the coach!) He made 3 outs and hit the ball all over the place. Not like last week when he hit a little dribbler up the first base line and kicked it into right field as he ran by. I looked at the ump and said, "He's out." He said, "OK".

Craig will be a teenager on Saturday. Holy Schnikey, where does the time go?!? He can be the most compassionate person I've ever seen one minute and a teenager the next. I guess God has a plan. If I didn't see the amazing person he can be, he might be dead by now...

Reed is potty trained, has a great vocabulary and is a joy about 75% of the time. That's not too bad for a 3-year-old. Following his brothers around has made him tough and wordly. Way too soon for me, I want the innocence of a first child with the fourth. It's hard to keep them "little" when there are big guys around. He'll be ready to move out at about 12, I think. Cole of course is ready now!

We keep getting busier and busier and the time goes more quickly, but the smiles are bigger and the moments are held more tightly. It's funny, I see Tod spending a lot more time with his little brothers... He's making moments to hold too.

1 comment:

kitchu said...

I thought Cole was already living in a van down by the river??

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CRAIG-O!!!!

And CONGRATS TOD!! GO BULLDOGS!!!!! Need a mascot on your first day? :O)