Sunday, June 1, 2008

Inspiring

I have been so touched and inspired by Bring the Rain, a blog that my little sister forwarded to me a few months ago. Amazing to me that a couple could put themselves and their family completely down, and celebrate the gift that God had given to them, if only for just a few hours. It reminds me, almost daily, that this life and the little (and now not so little~Tod) lives that God has blessed Mike and I with are not about US or THEM, but rather should be about HIM. I really struggle here. I exist, and sometimes quite comfortably, most days in what I call "my pit", where seeing the roses is often clouded by my sea of thorns. I often wonder WHY is it so difficult to stay focused? Like Peter I am excited about walking on the water, and willing....yet I fail so often because I get so caught up in the junk that this life throws at me. So difficult to quiet the "noise" in this world. As I type I hear over and over the verse: "oh you of little faith," and "Be still and know that I am God."

God is so good and so amazing. He knew what I would need long before I did and so he brought me Mike. His patience, wisdom, tenderness, and faith are God's instruments for me and our family. I thank God everyday that he is willing, over and over, to drag me out of this "pit" that I seem to like to cuddle up in. His strength sustains me. I love you, Mickey.

1 comment:

kitchu said...

You can even link their blog in your post... copy and paste the web address for their site. Go back to "edit posts" and pick this one. Highlight "Bring The Rain" in your text. Hit ctrl, shift, a and a window will pop up where you can paste the address.

Kinda cool. Too complicated?

I'm glad you love it. It is the most amazing blog I've ever read.