Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Cole

I have had my drivers license for over 25 years. In that time I have had probably 10 different cars. When I was younger, I used to play police in my parents car with my little brother John ("How the heck?" "She's pretty pretty"). I have also made too many car trips to count: Yosemite, Vancouver, Minnesota, Utah, Arizona, Florida... lots of time spent in a car. I know anyone reading this can probably say the same thing, we've all seen a lot of the world from a car, and a lot of things happen IN a car. (Like those memories, too!) Anywho, I saw something happen last week in a car that I did not think possible. I honestly thought it defied the laws of physics.

Picture this.... Reed and Cole are playing in the van as I visit with a neighbor. The horn honks every once in awhile and I give a stern look as they giggle and jump into the back seat. They are pretending to drive, having great fun. After a few minutes, Cole slowly walks over to me. If you know Cole, you know that if he does ANYTHING slowly, there is a problem. His head is bowed and he looks up with puppy dog eyes. "Dad, I broke the window." I think for a second, surely he is mistaken. He did not have the keys so he could not have broken the motor, if the tempered glass had broken, I would have heard it, hmmm.....



So I walk over to the van and the front windshield has a big spiderweb crack. Maybe a rock hit it and we didn't notice... "Cole, how did this happen?" Turns out he was playing with the visor and pushed it into the window, breaking it. I had to shake my head and laugh. How the hell can a sunvisor break a windshield!?! Cole... that's how...

3 comments:

Kar said...

oooops....Reed DID it!!! Let's see....shopping list...windsheild, toilet tank cover....hmmmm

Anonymous said...

We need to get the kiddo a helmet!

kitchu said...

That's my Godson :) I swear he's gonna have ALL of you living in a van down by the river if you have anything more go wrong that involves needing MONEY to fix!!