Wednesday, June 11, 2008

MEN

I love Mike's last post...and it has so been on my heart lately anyway. Actually, I don't think a SECOND passes without my thinking about this place that God has put me in. I am surrounded 24-7 by MEN. There is enough testosterone in this house to last a lifetime. The sitting on the couch, watching t.v., and scratching themselves happens almost everyday. Let me not forget to mention the unsurmountable number of minutes that are spent and yes, wasted, in the bathroom and/or shower. And what is it about getting urine IN, yes IN, the toilet??? I spend too much time with BLEACH. The lining of my lungs are forever changed! Stronger though than the bleach smell is the smell, oh God help us all, ... that fills the air in the closets and now my precious van~sweaty cleats...too bad bleach can't be applied there. Wet towels and dirty clothes dropped where they stand, ALL socks are filthy, inside out and wadded up in a ball for laundrying...pockets filled with pens that leak ALL over the washer and dryer! I do ask far to often, "God, what were you thinking?" There is nothing better than the smell of a freshly cleaned home, the sight of no clutter, and the sound of NO arguing.

God's plans are perfect, I know. And as I sit and post I tear up THINKING about (1)my Tod leaving this house for college, (2) how much I miss my tender hearted Craig this week, (3)how lonely my day would be without Cole's continous (literally) questions and interjections, (4) how big my bed would feel without "my snuggle bunny" Reed Joe (yes, every night!), and (5) how empty my life would be without Mike. There is one thing I do know...I LOVE boys. God knew that and he abundantly blessed me with them. I love their simplicity, tenderness, wisdom, strength, and energy. There isn't anything in this house that hasn't been THROWN, CAUGHT, KICKED, or RIDDEN on (including poor Lady, our beautiful yellow Lab).

So, I will end this LONG post with thanks. God, I thank and praise You for all the MEN you have blessed me with. I am truly not worthy of these gifts. Mike, thank you for who you are, how you lift me up and love me, and what you are to our children. Tod, I thank you for loving me and holding me the way you do these days...it truly nutures the "emptiness" I am already feeling about you going off to college. Craig, uh, my Craig-o, the most peaceful, soft place to land. I love your tenderness and love. Cole, you rock my world and make all my days more exciting and fun! And Reeder Joe, you add so much color and happiness to my world.

Perhaps the tipsy will come tonight when I'm toasting to MY MEN!

2 comments:

kitchu said...

Well, raise your glass, cuz think you already toasted to your men, and it was beautiful :)

Now please someone tell me the secret to uploading music.

That song reminds me of someone... my fave ever by David Crowder.

Anonymous said...

kim - what beautiful words! i teared up just reading about the men in your life that you have and will continue to enjoy all of your life! it makes me so excited to start this new adventure with our new little man. i hope and pray he grows up to be just like his daddy! :) thank you for allowing me to read your words!