Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Tuesday


Kim is out with some teacher friends tonight. Doing the girls night dinner thing. So that makes this boys night. Now, almost every night around here is boys night since we outnumber Kim 5 -1, but tonight it's just boys. I figure we have 2 options. 1. Order pizza, watch a baseball game, sit around in our underwear and scratch ourselves and fall asleep on the couch. 2. Take a walk, teach the boys something new, play a game.

I must admit, the former is much more enticing than the latter. The latter actually sounds more like a girls night, but that's what's happening. I fixed the garage door opener to wide-eyed little guys (dad can do anything!), fixin' to go shag footballs for Tod so he can practice kicking (For those unaware, "fixin' to" is a great southern phrase meaning, you're just about to do something. That and "Y'all" are the best catch-all phrases around.) (And yes, it is y'all, not ya'll). I see a game of Sorry on the horizon, then baths and off to bed. If I'm lucky the boys will be asleep and Kim will be a little tipsy when she gets home! Although the smart money is on dad being asleep, Reed playing with his trains, Cole watching the Disney channel and Tod watching a movie on his laptop when mom walks through the door. (Craig is at Scout Camp this week.) I'll let you know how it turns out...

1 comment:

kitchu said...

This is one of your best posts yet. I was laughing out loud.

So, is she tipsy??

And hey, I STILL can't get music to upload to my site- teach me brother, YOU can do ANYTHING!