Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Feels so good

∙ Listening to Run by George Strait will always make me think of Tod. It will always be HIS going to college
song. Had no idea what the words were when I asked him for one of his favorite good message songs…he
picked “Run.”
Watching the talent and potential that he has when he kicks a football
Sporting a 3.9GPA as a freshman and already preparing for the D.A.T.
Seeing him “fly” after letting him go…


∙ Seeing Craig earn Merit badges
Aspiring to an EAGLE scout
Preparation for Confirmation
Choosing a Saint Confirmation name… how perfect... St. Francis for our animal lover

∙ Watching Cole’s skill strength on the baseball and soccer field
Witnessing his comfortableness in his own skin
Being a part of his desire to SOAK life in

∙ Watching Reed develop a serious LOVE for learning and school, even “homework”
Receiving his unconditional and healing “holds”…”hug” just doesn’t do them justice!
Sleeping nose to nose with a downy smelling blanket inbetween…

∙ Your hands, Mike. Strong, thick.
Watching your gentle ways with the boys and witnessing how it brings out the best in them…it is beautiful
Being on the receiving end of your touch…sometimes feelingless…as what you are capable of touching with
your eyes moves my heart in ways that can not affectively be put in words…


It all feels so good.

Thank you, God.

4 comments:

Kar said...

AMEN to those MEN.

Misty said...

EVERY time you post I cry...maybe it's because I have boys too...but I love this one and seeing how much you LOVE your family...we are BLESSED that YOU are a part of our lives.

kitchu said...

i second kar on this one... this brought tears to my eyes. best post ever.

Cathy Sparkman said...

Kim, I just have to tell you - I think you are an AMAZING person! The way you love your family and adore your sons is so moving. You are such an encouraging person to everyone. Whether it be a painfully, honest blog or an encouraging comment you leave for someone else. You share your proud moments along with your struggles. It's so genuine... thank you for sharing your family with us. I absolutely LOVE to read your blog. You are so transparent with your life which always encourages me to take a moment to reflect on my own life in light of what you have shared.
I hope your back is fully recovered... have a great weekend! See you Monday!