Wednesday, October 8, 2008

PART II

Marylou, or as my boys say Aunt Marylou, and as the public says Dr. Pfaffenberger, is only half way through the process of my very first root canal. You know it will be bad when the dentist says, "You can expect EXTREME pain for up to three days after the procedure." I was thinking...how bad can it be? I've had four children??? Well, let me say that at 2AM (after having taken ONE vicodin at 11:30pm because I had to be up at 5am to get ready for work) I sat straight up in bed in excrusiating pain...for me, IT WAS THAT BAD!! And I can now add an item on my HATE list that I posted about long ago.....I hate root canals. In fact, I hate teeth problems period. I absolutely dread going back...to do the above pictured part of my root canal! That is correct friends...she will shove that "filing" tool up and down that nerve space...Lord, help me! Next Friday. Just before Tod comes home for Jesuit's homecoming. He'll probably like me better on vicodin anyway, right? Why can I not have an experience like Mike...who fell asleep during the procedure and had no pain....or Karen...who said it is no worse than a bad filling...huh??? And why do I have to be the one who won't respond to numbing...took six shots the first time (when we put on the temp. crown) and 3 for the PART I of root canal!! No doubt it is my fear and inability to RELAX during this...instead I sit white knuckled and heart skipping all kinds of beats!!! Anyone want to go for PART II for me? I know Marylou would appreciate it! I am no doubt on her "high maintenance" patient list!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, the picture totally turned me off from your blog. I can't read it after seeing that. I have a wierd thing with teeth! Sorry, I'm out on this one!

Misty said...

owee....i don't like the way dentists shake your cheek while the shot is going in - and you had to endure that SIX times???? maybe you need a valium this time :)

Kerri said...

DENTAL WORK = i need a margarita

(and i don't even drink...)

Good Luck! I love ya!!

Cathy Sparkman said...

Ugh, I am one of those people that had no problem with my root canal. Weird, yet I can't go through pregnancy without being sick and literally unable to get out of bed. Go figure!!
I hope your back is feeling better. I know that is SO painful.