Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Reading

I really like to read. Kim, not so much. I tend to go in spurts though. Long periods where I sit and veg out watching reruns of Seinfeld and Scrubs, then I’ll pick up a book and start ripping through them like there’s no tomorrow. I am in a book ripping period. I’ve read books on religion, business and politics in the last month. I just finished one and am looking for my next. I browsed the shelves in my den, couldn’t find anything that I felt called to read. There are 3-4 that I want to read, but now doesn’t seem right or them, you know? I can look at a book, know I want to read it but also know that I am not in the frame of mind for it. I am sure most readers are like that.

I went to Barnes and Noble and browsed, same thing happened. Lots of prospects, nothing jumped out at me. Now I can feel the literary fire starting to fade. I need help. If anyone can recommend a good book, I’d appreciate it. Only a few stipulations, not a fan of romance novels and can do without the vampires (sorry Kricky). Thanks in advance for the help.

2 comments:

John said...

The Reagan Diaries, My Grandfather's Son, Islamic Imperialism. I have em you can borrow them. What about Ludlum's Bourne series?

kitchu said...

I'll go through my shelves. Girl Meets God is a must, a memoir of a conversion from Orthodox Judiasm, very well written- one of my favorite books. The Intimate Merton, collection of his journal writings.