Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Bye Tod-o

We returned late Sunday evening from Ruston, Louisiana…Home of the Bulldogs. FIVE people, ONE car, no fridge, no microwave, no laptop or printer, no sheets or towels, and no Tod-o. Not only was our load lighter, but our hearts were emptier too. I truly struggle to find the adequate words that describe my experience this weekend. I know one thing for sure….it hurt then, is still hurting tonight, and it slams you to your knees. My conversations with God have varied…desperation, anger, elation, and most importantly, “Hold me up!” The physical ache just takes your breath away. Never before have I had that overwhelming desire to just jump out of the van and run to him…just for one more hug and hold.


This was my last image as we pulled ever so slowly out of the parking lot in front of Tod’s dorm. No further words are even necessary.




Thank you, all of you, who have read this and prayed for our #1. He is who he is because you are who you are…and you ALL have had an important impact on his life, directly or indirectly. We are grateful be sure.

Tod-o, you know I ache in missing you. May I just leave you with a quote from the book that Mr. & Mrs. Moore gave you at graduation:

It takes courage to think alone, to resist alone, to stand alone-
Especially when the crowd seems so safe, so right.

You HAVE shown us time and time again that courage. You have the tools, the intelligence, the support, the God-given gifts…. NOW is your time!

I love you,
Mom

6 comments:

Misty said...

crying at my desk...praying for you.....

Kar said...

I stare at those strong shoulders and through tears, a BIG BEAMING smile explodes on my face. You must be amazingly proud....he is indeed a fine young man and EVERYTHING in this world to me!! LOve, love, love....

kitchu said...

what karen said... i'm crying to hard to even think of my own words :O)

Anonymous said...

I feel the same way but you have to realize that yuo move on in life it's very hard but we have to tell him that were ok wiht him living his own life and that if he falls down were there to catch him.

Anonymous said...

I saw the title and skipped right down to the comments. I knew if I read this, I would cry! Tod is loving school I'm sure. He'll be back with a big sack of laundry before you know it!!!

Kerri said...

See....... I DO love you! Please know that I am praying daily for you, your family, and Tod-o. He is going to do amazingly well at college! Now, write another blog - I'm liking this comment stuff!!