Friday, January 23, 2009

Craig found the FISH BOWL!


Of all the competitive sports, basketball has never been one of my favorites. I don't really understand why though....my mom (standing NEVER taller than 5'1") was the captain of her high school basketball team, my brother Brad played all through school, and Dad made incredible "hoops" for us at the house....the kind that would bring all the neighborhood boys! I believe we were the first on the block to have a handmade goal that could be adjusted....6 feet, 8 feet, and then regulation 10 feet. (Or is it 10'2"?) Anyway...I should have developed some kind of love for this game. Not so much. Perhaps because I played and play it so much like a "girl." Can't even begin to attempt to shot ONE handed (as seen by the pro in photo 3)!

Craig, however, is passionate about basketball. He absolutely loves it and takes great pride in catching me up on all the bball lingo (brick, bank, aggie swish, nothin' but net, shot the tray, etc.) and positions. Lately he has, as Cole said, "not had any fish in the fish bowl!" (I learned that means no points in the game) Well, last game against St. Phillip, Craig found the fish bowl! He brought in 10 of their 44 points! It was so awesome! Can't wait until the games this weekend! And Craig, or as they call him on and off the court, Pfaffy, I'll try not to yell so loud!

Hey Brad, how about that number? Nothing but the best!








5 comments:

Kar said...

Dad, THAT was it....the FISHBOWL!!! We talked today and I was totally braggin' on MY boy and I could NOT for the life of me remember the lingo....I NEED, yes NEED to see a game....maybe before surgery????? SIX PACK man....you got the moves BRO....XOXO

Kar said...

Oh, and Craig....can't play but I'll DANCE to this with you ANYTIME!!

Cathy Sparkman said...

Nice follow through on that corner shot... Rock on!!! I love me some basketball!! lol.
love the fish in the fishbowl. that's greatness. i hve played for a long time and had a bro - never heard it quit said that way. i like it...
abby has a game tomorrow. i'll ask her how many fish she plans to put in the bowl tomorrow before the game. what kind of look am i gonna get. we'll see. lol.
love your song choice too. always appropriate.
Oh and scream as loud as you can, that's what mom's are for...
enjoy your weekend!

Misty said...

love your pictures! he looks like he is pretty good at this basketball thing. hope you are enjoying your weekend and he had a great game!

kitchu said...

Craig! You da man!!