Thursday, January 15, 2009

Waiting....still.....

The theme in the Pfaff household this week has been "wait." God has delivered an abundance of answers, all of which amount to a humanly frustrating four letter word....wait. Cole has been counting the days down until tomorrow...his SEVENTH birthday....but still he waits. Tod still is waiting for his phone to ring...although, the latest from him was he is going to stop by the coach's office tomorrow...perhaps to see if his waiting can end. Bottom line though is that he still waits. The second x-ray of my left lung showed it is still not right...and the waiting for answers is unnerving. Craig and Mike wait as the departure for one of the most special Sacrament preparations for Craig approaches this weekend...his Confirmation Retreat. My little sister who is in the process of adopting from China knows all too well about this wait process. Did I mention I am not a very patient waiter? Some of that is personality...some is the product of the evil in this "FAST LANE" world. In the meantime, however, our schedule is slammed like the rest of you out there struggling to juggle the demands of activities, parenthood, marriage, and full-time work.

Still, in the midst of all of this sometimes chaos, I am touched by God through our boys. I truly write this in awe....not at all a reflection of us as parents but solely a reflection of who God truly IS and how majestic He is....and how he shows Himself to us through our boys. Never in a million years would I have been at this place at a ripe ole age of almost 19.....and so I'll share. In response to a text message I sent to Tod today in which I told him I was a little nervous....he texts to me, and I QUOTE:

Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified for the Lord your God goes with you. He will never leave you nor forsake you. Deut 31:6. Let go and let God.

Tod, you are an amazing man....so, so much like your dad. Words are so inadequate in expressing what your words meant to me today. I love you.

God, I thank you for loving us the way that You do, and especially for touching us in the many different ways that You do. This Pfaff household lifts every single WAIT up to you....and we pray that You will bless us with crystal clear answers. Thank you for working in and through Tod, Craig, Cole, and Reed. Surround their hearts, Lord, with Your armor, and I pray they always hunger and thrist for You. And, by the way, we will WAIT for You, forever.

4 comments:

Misty said...

WOW...i hope i raise my boys with that kind of trust in the Lord...you did good, real good...

Kar said...

Let's see..."corners up," "tomorrow's another day," This isn't the worst thing that will happen to you," "there are more fish in the ocean," (ok, YOU never heard that but is was status quo for ME)......sending you ALL Mom's words of encouragement and coping......The ODDS, my friend are SO in your favor. Relax, LIVE, and enjoy the time away from SLOAN!!!!!! XOXOXO Wish I could be there to hold your hand (and tell you not to be a BIG baby). I love you.....

kitchu said...

our second mom (kar) beats me every time... ditto on every word. :O) love you xoxo

Cathy Sparkman said...

you are amazing... i must say that just about everytime i read your blog (whether i type it or not). you are such an amazing mother and wife. your boy, texting his mother to be strong and courageous and reassuring you everything will be ok and to lean on the Lord. wow, what amazing parents that young man has. what a blessing you both are!!!